I had a bit of a scare yesterday when my cat Jerry came home with blood dripping from his mouth and all over his fur. Needless to say, we took him to the emergency vet.
The vet believes that he was hit by a car - so to any of you who can drive: BE CAREFUL WHEN DRIVING. I’ve lost three cats over the years to being run over, and Jerry is insanely lucky to not have any brain damage or bad internal injury and basically to still be alive.
Also, he was tested to see if he’d ingested any rat poison (which he hadn’t, thankfully). If cats are in contact with that it can stop their blood from being able to clot properly, which is obviously trouble. Please be extremely careful if you’re putting any out, and make sure there’s no way for it to harm anyone’s pet.
Thanks for reading!